Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birding at Hebbal Lake

Hebbal Lake is located in north Bangalore. It is here that I had my first experience of bird watching. n the morning time the park by the lake side is busy with people doing morning walk and exercise. There are enthusiastic photographers trying their luck with every bird they spot.

The habitat is favored by many species of water birds including large waterbirds such as the Spot-billed Pelican, Eurasian Spoonbill, Shoveller, Pintail, Garganey, Little Grebe, Coot and Spot-billed Duck.

On my first trip here, I was accompanied few of my friends. This has been a memorable exercise for me. Waiting near any spot trying to get that one precious shot of the bird.

But age of Digital camera is a real help, where one can just go on clicking.

My friends identified this bird as Pelican.